Canada Australia Youth Mobility Agreement

The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announcement, released on August 29, 2018, added that Australia is still the best destination for Canadian youth through the IEC program, reflecting the reciprocity of the program. Costa Rica and Canada have an agreement that allows Canadians between the age of 18 and 35 to travel and work for up to 12 months in Costa Rica. The fee is $120 and you must prove that you have 2,500 CAD in your bank account to participate. Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, and Peter Dutton, Minister of the Interior of Australia, today announced in the Memorandum of Understanding on Youth Mobility an agreement to extend the age range (Memorandum of Understanding). Thanks to the amended moU, young Canadian and Australian adults between the ages of 18 and 35 can now work and travel under the International Experience Canada (IEC) program. The working holiday visa for Canadians seems to no longer work on the Belgian website. I read somewhere that the agreement was signed, but it was not yet concluded… Does anyone know when it`s ready? Under the 2009 Youth Mobility Agreement between Spain and Canada, up to 1,000 young Canadians can travel to Spain to: If you have a refugee travel document issued by a country that has a youth mobility agreement with Canada, you are not allowed to participate. It is a bold shame that older people cannot take advantage of it. It is perfect for midlife crisis or half-board or a chance to use an easily transferable trade (such as writing, photography) in a very cool place. Just to say….

Youth should not be wasted only on young people!! There is a bilateral agreement that allows Canadians to travel and work for up to 12 months in Korea as long as they are between the age of 18 and 30. Participation in the program costs 117 CAD and you must prove that you have at least 3,400 CAD in your bank account. Canada and Chile have a work leave agreement that allows Canadians between the age of 18 and 35 to travel and work in Chile for 12 months. The cost of this program is $135 and you must prove that you have “sufficient resources.” The exact amount required is left to the discretion of the authorities. You should certainly do the same for the Americans. most people don`t even know that such options exist. the only working holiday visas I know are from NZ and Australia (I guess we don`t have the same programs because we have 315 million people… and most of the countries involved don`t have as many!) But…. We have many other options, ranging from the Peace Corps to Fullbright programs to Norway, which offer a “Learn norwegian language visa if you have a bachelor`s degree.”